• Home
  • Access
  • FFPRI Top

Home > History of the Kansai Research Center

Main content starts here.

History of the Kansai Research Center

  • Apr.1947 : Established in the Osaka Regional Forest Office as the Osaka Branch of the Forest Experiment Station, Forest Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture
  • Feb.1953 : Moved to current location
  • Jul.1959 : Name changed to Kansai Branch, the Forest Experiment Station, Forest Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture
  • Oct.1988 : Reorganized and renamed the Kansai Research Center, the Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (FFPRI)
  • Apr.2001 : FFPRI established as an incorporated administrative agency, as part of administrative reform
  • Apr.2015 : FFPRI was classified as national research and development agency in the classification of the agency
  • Apr.2017 : Reorganized the Forestry and Forest Products Research  Institute of  Forest Research and Management Agency