IUFRO Latest News
- Announcing IUFRO-Mondi Partnership
- IUFRO News Vol. 50, Issue 6, June 2021
- IUFRO Spotlight #89 - What's the buzz? Studying insects on 'the web'
- IUFRO News Vol. 50, Double Issue 4/5, May 2021
- IUFRO Spotlight #88 - Using a social science lens on the forest bioeconomy
- UNFF16 Side Event: Forests, Trees and Eradication of Poverty: A GFEP Global Assessment Report
- Save the date! 28-29 September 2021 - IUFRO WORLD DAY - Digital Forest Science Forum 2021
- IUFRO News Vol. 50, Issue 3, early April 2021
HOW DOES IUFRO WORK?
IUFRO provides a global structure for science cooperation related to forests and trees.
Within this structure, member scientists from all around the world collaborate on a voluntary basis.
The structure allows IUFRO to address research needs and priorities of its members, policy-makers, practitioners and stakeholders.
» 125th Anniversary Publication
125 Years of IUFRO
IUFRO-J Latest News
- Dr. Mariko Inoue, member of IUFRO-J, was awarded as a finalist of the "Global Competition on Best Practices in Forest Education"
- The IUFRO award 2017 for achievements in air pollution and climate change impacts on forest ecosystems was awarded to Prof. Takayoshi Koike, from Hokkaido University in Japan
- IUFRO-J News is introduced in Chapter 8 : Getting the Word Out Information, 125 Years of IUFRO
- The IUFRO-J/FFPRI roll-up banners and trifold flyers were presented at the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress.
» Read all News : Go to IUFRO-J Noticeboard
Forest Education for interconnecting Forests, Science and People
MAJOR IUFRO EVENTS
What is and why is it important?
The IUFRO-Japan (IUFRO-J) Committee is an organization launched in 1970 by the Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (FFPRI) to promote global and domestic partnerships in forest-related research in cooperation with the International Union of Forest Research Organization (IUFRO). The IUFRO-J secretariat keeps members up to date on IUFRO activities. The 650 IUFRO-J members represent 36 Japanese organizations and individuals who wish to further global contributions to the role of research in sustaining forests and people.
IUFRO-J has a history with FFPRI, which was established in 1905 as a forest experiment center of the Forestry Service, Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce, Government of Japan. FFPRI has contributed to sustainable development for people through research on forest, forestry and forest products. Since 1970, in accordance with its mission of leading forest research for Japan's future, FFPRI has been cooperating with IUFRO. The activity with IUFRO Headquarters led to the formal establishment of the IUFRO-J Committee in 1976. Since then, the IUFRO-J secretariat has been formally located at FFPRI. Historically, the chair of IUFRO-J has been the president of FFPRI to meet the needs of IUFRO-J activity. Japanese representatives of the IUFRO international council are chosen and confirmed at the IUFRO-J annual meeting. In order to give IUFRO-J members up-to-date information regarding international forest issues, the IUFRO-J secretariat has published IUFRO-J NEWS three times a year since 1977.
IUFRO-J NEWS (ISSN 2189-5503)
IUFRO-J NEWS generally includes some issues concerning IUFRO headquarters, announcements from IUFRO officeholders, introduction of IUFRO conferences by attendees, and the IUFRO-J annual report with financial information. Back issues are available to the public.
List of Back Issues
|Year||No. of issues|
If you would like to make a global contribution to IUFRO as an IUFRO-J member, please contact the IUFRO-J secretariat at email@example.com
Center for International Partnerships and Research on Climate Change
Forestry & Forest Products Research Institute (FFPRI)
1 Matsunosato, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8687 JAPAN